Ebike battery in 8 key points
Electric bike battery maintenance in 8 key points
1. Power ebike battery with deep charge and discharge is preferred.
The working characteristics of the battery used in the electric bicycle are: the discharge current is small, the use time is long, the discharge depth is deep, and it cannot be charged while driving. The longer the driving distance, the deeper the depth of discharge, such as driving 30-40Km per day, the depth of discharge will reach about 60% to 80%. Therefore, if you want to maintain the battery of an electric bicycle, you should first choose a power-type battery with deep charge and discharge.
2. The ebike battery should be installed firmly.
If you want to maintain the battery, you must make sure that the battery is installed firmly on the electric bicycle to prevent the battery from being damaged by vibration during riding.
3. Remove more dirt from the battery box.
Frequently remove dust and dirt on the battery box, and pay attention to keeping the battery dry and clean to prevent the battery from discharging by itself. This may seem inconspicuous, but it is very useful for maintaining battery performance.
4. It is strictly forbidden to expose to direct sunlight.
Keep the battery of the electric bicycle away from high-temperature heat sources. In high temperature seasons, direct exposure to sunlight is strictly prohibited. Pay attention to good ventilation when charging.
5. Replace the battery in time.
If the battery is ruptured or the electrolyte leaks, the battery should be replaced to avoid acid corrosion.
6. Use the foot pedal to assist when starting
When the electric bicycle is just started, it should be started with a foot pedal to prevent excessive discharge current from damaging the battery; when riding, pay attention not to over-discharge the battery. Over-discharge may cause serious battery loss, which will greatly shorten its service life. .
7. Don’t over load.
The excessive load of the electric bicycle will inevitably lead to the increase of the motor current, cause the battery to over-discharge, and the battery’s early attenuation, which seriously affects the battery’s life. Some friends blindly pursue the load-carrying capacity of electric bicycles, especially when riding a bicycle to carry people, which not only seriously violates traffic laws, but is also detrimental to the maintenance of electric bicycles.
8. The battery should be recharged at least once every 3 months.
The battery can be charged after use, and it can be charged as you use it to ensure the smoothness of the next trip. The battery should be fully charged and stored when not in use, and recharged at least once every 3 months to avoid irreversible sulfation of the battery. Everyone must keep this in mind, it is very important for the maintenance of electric bicycle batteries.
If you want to increase the life of electric vehicle batteries, you should pay attention to the following points when using:
1. The smaller the depth of discharge of the battery each time it is used, the longer the life pulse of the battery. Therefore, no matter how large a battery pack is used, users should develop a good habit of charging as soon as they are used.
2. When the battery needs to be stored for a long time, the heart must be fully charged and recharged regularly, usually every 1 to 2 months.
3. High-current discharge will damage the battery of the electric bicycle to a certain extent, so please use your pedals to assist when starting and going uphill.
If you are interested in motorized bike and want to know more, you could browse previous articles or visit our Official Website, also choose to leave your message below. If you are interested in electric bike, you can contact us. www.zhsydz.com
Please leave a message